Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Fun Interactive Whiteboards to Engage Students in Math


We all know that in math, you write. When I first started teaching, I had a class set of individual whiteboards with expo markers and erasers for students to practice solving problems. When the board was filled, students erased their work and continued working on another problem. I always hated not having the opportunity to save their work for discussions or later viewing.

Now with the wonderful digital world and the iPads in my classroom, my students are able to work out problems, record in words the process, and share it. Below I have listed my favorite interactive whiteboard apps that engages students in math. They are all fun, engaging, and FREE!

Each app provide students with the opportunity to doddle, record a voice over, and share. I have listed a few highlights of each below.

1.      ShowMe  Easy to use!

2.      ScreenChomp Records you while you doodling. You can also include images from your iPad camera roll.

3.      EduCreations Educreations not only allows you to doodle, record, and share, it also provides you with realistic digital ink, photos and ink.

4.      Doodle Buddy My students love this one. Is gives you the same opportunity as the others, but you also have the option of backgrounds such a dot paper, tic-tac-toe boards, etc.




For more ideas on fun ways to integrate technology into your classroom, check out our other posts!

Don't forget to subscribe to get up-to-date blog post sent directly to your email!

If you like it Share it...Tweet it...Like it!



MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much! You know I needed this! So proud of you. Keep up the Great Work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I am working on a blog post for pc users. Should have it completed today sometime! I'm glad you are able to use some of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the contents you mentioned in post is too good and can be very useful. I will keep it in mind, thanks for sharing the information keep updating, looking forward for more posts. Thanks
    smartkapp store

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! Share with others my blog as we have fun integrating technology one classroom at a time!