Friday, April 24, 2015

Avoiding Teacher Burnout



For many of use, we are close to ending our school year!  This is always bitter sweet for me. I am excited to get my summer break, but I truly miss the students. So as we end our year, let's push through it and end it with fun and excitement.

For many years I experienced the signs of being burn out as a teacher. From my own experience I was...
-feeling exploited 
-had lack of motivation
-negative attitude
-dreading the workday 
-irritability 

These are 8 things that have helped me  prevent feeling burn out. 

1. Ask for help. 
2. Take a mental day. I like to call it Me Time. 
3. Rekindle your passion. Rediscover your passion for teaching. Attend a workshop or conference.
4. Try something new in your classroom. I began integrated technology. 
5. Use PLNs like Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook.
6. Get a hobby. I started crafting and baking. Such a great stress reliever. 
7. Read! Scriptures and quotes are the best. 
8. Exercise. Sweat out the stress! Dance, run, lift weights, whatever it takes. 


I'm sure there are many other ways to avoid being burn out. Just don't give up or give in. You can do this. Through all things The Lord will strengthen you!

Do you have any tips or advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! Share with others my blog as we have fun integrating technology one classroom at a time!