Friday, September 9, 2011

Go Animate

So, I found this awesome animation site for my students to complete a project on. Go Animate is a wonderful online site that allows you to create mini animation movies.  The site is free, it just requires you to sign-up. You can create animations using funny cartoon characters, add music, movements, different scenes, and  many other cool features. You can even record your own voice.



How I Used It In My Classroom:
To involve students in their learning, I had them use the Internet to search for the order of operations and a problem that incorporated each step being used. They used their notes to create an animation that explained how to solve a problem using the order of operations. The students really enjoyed this project and learning the steps to the order of operations was so much fun.

Ways to Use It In Your Classroom:
1. Give each student a vocabulary word. Have them define it and create a mini animation on the definition.
2. Group students and give each group a topic, allow students to create an animation that will help student review.
3. Use it to introduce a new lesson or topic.
4. Reviewing a topic.

What are some other ways you could use this site in your classroom?

Check my sample animation I created with my daughter: Cell Phone Animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! Share with others my blog as we have fun integrating technology one classroom at a time!